Thursday, April 14, 2011

Clean Eating Lettuce Wraps

Another clean eating meal for you all to try, and this was is super easy and very yummy!  The husband loved it and requested I make it again so I decided to share it with you all.  My sister actually told me about this recipe that is in one of her clean eating books that I don't have.  So I stole my moms copy of the book that Jenn gave her to try it out!

Here is what you need-

1/2 red bell pepper diced
1 good size carrot grated
2 celery stalks finely chopped
1 bunch of scallions finely chopped
1 peeled roma tomato diced

hand full of fresh basil chopped
pinch of fresh thyme


In a wok- heat a tablespoon of olive oil and add lean ground turkey- Add celery and scallions and saute till meat is fully cooked


Add remaining ingredients and cook for another 6 minutes- add salt and pepper to taste


Remove from stove and add a table spoon of tamari and sesame oil


Serve in lettuce as pictured below


Or like I ate it!  Lettuce wraps are kinda messy so I just served the turkey over shredded lettuce.  I added just a splash of tamari as my dressing.  The hubby used an Asian salad dressing over his.


Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment