Thursday, February 17, 2011

Dinner and Dessert

So my sister always post all her yummy dishes on her BLOG so I thought maybe I should too!  Today I made turkey tomatillo chili, a recipe out of one of my old clean eating magazines.  I followed it for the most part but made a few changes.  First you soak 3 dried chipolte chilies in 1/2 cup of boiling water for 15 minutes.  While that sits brown 2 lbs of lean turkey with 1 cup of diced sweet onions


In a blender, mix the following until blended:
1 1/2 pounds of tomatillos (husk removed and skin rinsed)
The soaking Chipolte Peppers, Seeds Removed
Soaking liquid from peppers
4-6 cloves of garlic (depending on how much you LOVE garlic!)

Now time to mix it all in the crock pot
Add the Meat
Tomatillo mixture
1 Small bag of frozen corn
2 Cans of white kidney beans (low sodium, drained and rinsed)
1 can of diced tomatoes (I added this to the recipe)


15 minutes before serving add 1 cup of cilantro and 1/2 cup of water in the blender.  Add to crock pot

Serve with grated cheese and a small scoop of sour cream is desired.  I really don't think it needs it so to cut more calories then just leave it out!


Tomorrow I am going to a friends for a girls party so I decided to make cup cakes.  I have to make more in the tomorrow because Jason and I ate almost half of them!  (They are mini and delicious... don't judge me!)
You can find the recipe at Food Network.  I think these are AMAZING!!!!  I find they turn out best when there is no humidity.  They are meringue cupcakes so they do fall after the come out of the oven- photos below show that!  I suggest spraying the liners with PAM before you pour in the batter.


Nice and puffy right out of the oven

chocolate drizzle after they have cooled... yes I tasted one...

OMG SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!

Did I mention I got roses for Valentines Day from my two sweet boys!

So pretty!

MAKE THE CUPCAKES!!!!!!!

Then thank me :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment